Monday 30 September 2013

What a weekend!

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone has been doing well & things back home are going well! We had a great week back in London and an even better weekend!

To start off, we had class all week, which was average. We had our first marketing exam last Thursday, so it really made it feel like school. We did our service learning again on Wednesday. I am at a primary school working with year 4 and I love it! I am exhausted by the end of my four hours, can't imagine being a teacher! My kids are so intrigued by me being from America and love to ask me questions about back home. So I have been asked if I have a huge house and if I have met Justin Bieber. Pretty fun questions coming from 8 and 9 year olds!

We had another day trip on Friday. This time we were headed to Oxford (or Hogwarts for you HP fans). It was such a cute city with many shops, markets, restaurants, etc. I ended up buying an Oxford sweatshirt, like the rest of our group did as well. We enjoyed our day at Oxford, for sure one of our favorite day trips. Friday night, there was a big party at our student union, so many of us went down to see what it was all about. It was so much fun, there was a huge dance floor, UST took it over, like usual, cheap drinks, and just a lot of fun to see all the new students coming back to school, even though we have been in class for three weeks. It was an adventure to get home, with not all the busses running and certain night busses, but we made it home safe and sound.

Saturday, Megan, Bailey, Clare, and I headed off to have a tour of Buckingham Palace. The flag was up, which meant the Queen was there, but she was clearly too busy to ask us to tea! Just kidding, we had a guided tour where we say the state rooms, which are the public rooms. It reminded me of a tour of the White House. Very cool to see and to check off our bucket lists. Saturday afternoon was also an afternoon to remember. There was an NFL welcome block party on Regent Street, which was so fun! We walked around, took tons of pictures, ate, met former players, cheerleaders, etc. Such a fun way to get in the spirit for Sunday's game. I'm sorry Dad & T, I wore the dreaded purple last night. Hey, they were 0-3, they needed all the help they could get.

Sunday was by far one of the best days I have had in London. It was Vikes game day in London! Megan and I headed for Wembley around 2 pm for a 6 pm kick-off. Once we got down to the stadium, we were amazed by all the people and how much there was to do down at the stadium. Reminded me of home! We ate some food before we headed in to our seats. Ok, so our seats. I thought we had to be in the nose bleeds, because really where else can you get 50 seats near each other. Oh wait, we were wrong. We were in the end-zone, first six rows, which made our experience 100 times better. We were so close and got to interact with the media, some players, and get pictures that will last a life time! Finally all 50 of us made it to our seats and were ready for kick off. The game was so much fun and since it was a home game it felt like the Metrodome but so much better because of all of the energy and Vikes fans! They even came home with a W, which was the cherry on top of a perfect day.

Just a preview of this week: class Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and then we are off to Scotland for the weekend. Can't wait to update you all on Monday after we get back.

Countdown to Dad, Mom, & T to be here: 17 days! Can you tell I am excited?

Miss you all, until next Monday!

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment